The ultimate guide – Part I
Why would I set up a business operation in Brazil?
There are many advantages to having your own company compared to relying on distributors and agents:
- Local Branding and Identity
- Confidence that business and legal objectives are met
- Add local content to unfinished products (or manage OEMs)
- Ability to develop insourcing capabilities to support other operations
- Act as a regional base to take advantage of MERCOSUR
Sounds good, I am convinced? But, what type of the company?
There are several legal types of companies, but on this article we are only considering:
- Joint Venture
- Local partner brings management skills for HR, legal and financial matters, and possibly premises or other things
- You bring brand name, product/service, know-how
Brazil a quite big. Where should I set up in Brazil?
Location is important!
- Different state regulations and taxes
- Physical distribution – infrastructure varies, and distances can be huge
- Education, skills and experience of potential employees
- Communications infrastructure
- Access from the UK
(please read more on the “Part II” entrance for this topic.)
by Oliver Dowson, CEO – ICC – International Corporate Creations
These case studies were presented at the UKTI Exporting is Great – Opportunities in Latin America Roadshow